Men's First Team
Friendly Sat 22 July MKM Arena
Bognor Regis Town
Dorking Wanderers

It was Tommy Lee Higgs and Sam De St Croix who netted for the Rocks on a wet afternoon at Nyewood Lane.

Early on, Josh McCormick’s pass back to Calvin Davies who picked out Lucas Pattenden inside the first minute but he was blocked with his low cross.

Another cross by Pattenden flashed through the box but Sam De St Croix was just out of touch.

Pattenden went down nursing his knee following another Bognor attack but after receiving treatment he did return to play.

De St Croix did well to dig out a cross to Jasper Mather who got the ball stuck under his feet before being blocked by the defence on 13 minutes.

Tony Craig’s header from a freekick was steered straight at Ryan Hall on 17 minutes.

Pattenden sped down the right before getting into the area but he was tackled in the area and went to ground. No penalty was awarded.

Then Seb Bowerman did well to pick out Jason Prior in the box but his header whizzed wide of the left post on 18 minutes.

On 22 minutes Rocks took the lead. A nice ball through from Davies saw him find Tommy Lee Higgs who was strong on the turn before dispatching the ball low beyond Harrison Male on 22 minutes.

Davies played a diagonal ball directly to Pattenden in space all on his own down the right. He cut inside with a run but his fierce shot was hit straight at Male on 27 minutes.

Ryan Seager did well to latch onto Prior’s knock down but diverted it over the bar on 29 minutes.

Prior equalised for Dorking on 31 minutes. It was a simple diversion low into the net from a low ball into the area by Josh Taylor.

Bognor hit Dorking on the break and it was Mather who ran through from De St Croix’s pass before he squared it to Higgs who was looking for support before shooting low and forcing another save from Male on 42 minutes.

George Francomb was under pressure from a ball out and Mather worked hard to steal the ball. He ran into the area but smashed his effort wide of the near left post on 44 minutes.

HT 1-1

Dorking took the lead on 49 minutes Bobby Joe Taylor did well to combine with Prior to set the ex-Rock up from the right and Prior dispatched it with his first touch high into th net.

Davies went into the book after he retaliated with a previous challenge decision.

Mather did well to run inside off the left flank before passing it square to De St Croix who took a few moments before unleashing an unstoppable strike high into the top right corner on 54 minutes.

James McShane did well to latch onto the ball on the D before shooting wide of the left post on 61 minutes from the edge of the box.

Kieran Douglas blocked McShane a destined goal and then Craig Robson did the same blocking McShane again.

Joe Briffa diverted the ball away fom goal from Joe-Taylor’s strike on 67 minutes.

Bowerman did well to run down the left before shooting wide of the far post along the deck on 69 minutes.

Harry Ottaway did well to run inside the penalty area before shooting but Hall punched the ball back out again.

Ottaway did well to meet the ball in the air from McShane’s curling cross into the box on 75 minutes. Ottaway headed it wide of the right post.

Mather was clearly fouled on the run but Ottaway avoided the booking before Mather slid a deflected shot wide of the left post.

A last ditch chance from Bognor saw Isaac Olaniyan’s left sided cross pick out Tom Holland but his flick on the volley was steered wide of the goal.

Robbie Blake would have been happy with the team’s performance on a wet afternoon at Nyewood Lane.

The team look forward to another home game on Saturday 29 July at 2pm against Chichester City in Bognor’s last home pre season fixture.

FT 2-2

Rocks: Hall, Anderson, Trialist 1 (Mason 57), Davies (c) (Briffa 57), Douglas (Howick 70), Robson, De St Croix (Holland 63), McCormick (Whyte 52), Mather, Higgs, Pattenden (Olaniyan 52)

Match Report by Liam Goodley